Salman Khan Net worth , as of 2017 is around to be $250 million dollars(1600 crore rupees) which includes his earnings from acting, production houses, his valuable assets such as cars,bikes,houses and his ventures.
In this article, I will tell you Salman Khan’s Net Worth, his Personal Background, his Career Graph, Income Source, Contribution towards Mankind and some Interesting Facts. So keep reading to know more about Salman Khan. Because I have done a lot of research on Salman Khan and this article contains the most accurate information available .
Abdul Rashid Salim Salman Khan better known as Salman Khan (born December 27, 1965) is a Bollywood actor, Producer, Television Personality, Singer, and Philanthropist.
Salman Khan has received several awards. Most prestigious awards he has received are Two ‘National Film Awards’ as a producer and Two ‘Film Fare Awards’ as an actor.
According to CNN, he is one of the biggest film stars in the world. Salman has a huge following base worldwide. He is also better known for commercially successful actor in Indian Cinema.
So, first let us look into his personal background.
Salman Khan’s Personal Background:
Salman Khan is the eldest son of scriptwriter Salim Khan and his first wife Sushila Charak (later he changed her name to Salma Khan). Khan’s stepmother, Helen, was a former actress. Salman Khan has two brothers named Arbaaz Khan and Sohail Khan and two sisters named Alvira Khan Agnihotri, Atul Agnihotri and an adopted sister Arpita.
Salman Khan’s Schooling
Salman finished his schooling at St. Stanislaus High School, Bandra. Earlier, he studied with his younger brother Arbaaz for a few years at The Scindia School, Gwalior. He attended St. Xavier’s College in Mumbai but unfortunately dropped out.
Salman Khan’s relationship
Salman Khan is single till today. No one knows the reason. But in the early 90’s, he was in a relationship with Sangeeta Bijlani. After their breakup in the mid-90s, he was dating Salman Khan’s. By the end of the 90s, Salman Khan and Aishwarya comes in a relationship. But finally, they faced a bitter breakup in 2001. Again Salman Khan was in a relationship with Katrina Kaif in 2003. But it also ends in 2010. Except Aishwarya Rai, all women in her life still continue to be in touch with him. Currently rumors are that Salman and Iulia Vantur will getting married in near future.
Salman Khan’s Carrier Graph
Salman Khan’s Bollywood acting career started with a small and supporting role in ‘Biwi Ho To Aisi‘ in 1988. But in the next year, he rocked the whole nation with the super duper hit movie ‘Maine Pyaar Kiya’. This was one of India’s highest-grossing films and this film established him as one of the Bollywood’s biggest stars and nominated him for the ‘Filmfare Best Actor’ award. After this film, he gave us many super hit films like ‘Saajan‘, ‘Hum Aapke Hain Koun‘, ‘Judwaa‘, Karan Arjun‘, ‘Hum Saath Saath Hain‘, ‘Maine Pyar Kyun Kiya‘ and much more. He was awarded the ‘Filmfare Award’ for Best Supporting Actor’ for his role in ‘Kuch Kuch Hota Hai’. His ‘Ek Tha Tiger’ is one of the highest grossing movies in recent time. The Indian government honored him with the ‘Rajiv Gandhi Award’ for his outstanding achievement in Entertainment Industries in 2008.
Salman Khan’s Controversies
1. Blackback Hunting Case (1999): Salman and ‘Hum Saath Saath Hain’ co-stars have accused for Blackback deer and Chinkara (an endangered animals) hunting, while shooting for the film in Jodhpur, Rajasthan.
2. Hit and Run Case (2002): Salman drove his car over the people sleeping on the sidewalk, outside the bakery at night. In this accident, one person died and three were injured.
3. His relationship with Aishwarya Rai (2002): Aishwarya’s parents filed a complaint against Salman for harassing their daughter for a long time.
4. Fight with Shah Rukh Khan (2008): Salman and Shah Rukh were fought in Katrina Kaif’s birthday party.
Due to those careless behaviors, he tried to balance his troubled life in his career. In 2003, he worked as an obsessive lover in an emotional love story ‘Tere Naam’. This film gave him many good reviews and a good run at the box office. He successfully revived his career and restored trust in the producers, audience and distributors.
Salman Khan’s Net Worth
The net worth of Salman Khan is estimated as $210 million (₹1354 crore) in 2017. It includes the cost of his companies, businesses, real estate, income and other properties. In 2015, he was ranked as the highest earning actor in India.
According to a report, Salman Khan charges approximately ₹ 60 crore for one film and ₹ 1.5 crore per ad endorsement. His fees for Big Boss was ₹ 5 crore per episode. He also demands the share on total box office collections. Salman Khan deserve such a big fee because he has the popularity and many responsibilities as well.
Salman paid an advance tax of ₹ 44.5 crore in 2016-17, compared to ₹ 32.2 crore in the last fiscal year of 2015-16, i.e. the growth of 39 percent in his annual income.
Salman Khan’s last 5 year’s Total Income
|YEAR||EARNINGS in CRORES|
Detailed Properties of Salman Khan
Cars: The Bollywood’s Dabangg loves car collection and his favorite is the BMW series. So he owns BMW X6, BMW M3, BMW M5 and BMW X6. He also owns a Toyota Land Cruiser, Audi Q7, Audi Q8, Mercedes Benz, Lexus LX 470 and Toyota Land Cruiser. He got Renault Koleos as a gift, which is the popular brand of premium French cars.
Bikes: Salman Khan is also a bike lover and loves to collect bikes. He owns Suzuki Hayabusa and Suzuki Intruder M1800RZ, Yamaha R1, Suzuki GSX.
House: Salman Khan lives in Galaxy Apartments, Carter Road, Bandra, India. His own apartment is only a 1 BHK house. It is on the ground floor. He loves to spend his money on charity. Salman has purchased a 150-acre farmhouse in Panvel. It has 3 bungalows with a gym and a swimming pool. He also owns a luxury house in Hydra Towers in Jumeirah Village, Dubai.
Salman Khan loves Shah Rukh Khan’s House ‘Mannat’. He wants to buy an actual apartment of a bungalow near ‘Mannat’ that would give him a sense of royalty. This is why he showed great interest towards Sagar Reshman Apartment. This apartment is a luxurious consisting of 28 flats. Salman has already purchased 3 luxurious apartments at Sagar Reshma’s apartment as he always wants to live close to his family.
Salman Khan’s Source of income
Unlike Shah Rukh who mainly invests his money in real estate and other non-filmy business, Salman Khan’s 95% profit comes from the Movie fee, TV shows hosting fee and some other business that he runs.
His main source of income are:
Acting fees: He is among the highest paid actors in India. Apart from the fees, he also demands the share on total box office collections.
TV Shows Hosting fees: He is one of the highest paid people in Indian TV industries. He has hosted a number of popular TV shows like Bigg Boss.
Film Production: In 2014 he launched his own production house – Salman Khan Films. It produced a Candian movie called Dr. Cabbie, Hero starring Suraj Pancholi and then the Blockbuster movie Bajrangi Bhaijaan.
Endorsements: He endorses many brands in India. Few of the brands he endorsed for long time are ThumsUp, Hero, Ranbaxy, Britannia, etc.
He is also the founder of Being Human Foundation .
Salman Khan’s contribution towards Mankind
Everyone knows that he is an aggressive man of Bollywood, and always remains in controversy. But he is very kind from heart and always active to help the needy. For this, he established a foundation “Being Human”. This foundation works in health care and education in India. The funding of this foundation depends on the online sales of its products such as watches, T-shirts as well as Being Human Gitanjali gold coins. Apart from this, Salman Khan funds all his profit from the Salman Khan Being Human Productions. Recently it came in the news that Being Human he had funded $ 7,200 in favor of the prisoner whose period of imprisonment was over but had to stay in jail due to non-payment of legal fines for release.
Some Interesting Facts of Salman Khan
1. He is one of the four Khan who ruled Bollywood from the 1990s onwards. The other three Khans are Saif Ali Khan, Shah Rukh Khan and Aamir Khan.
2. He often visit hospitals to spend some time and take care of the sick children, and also for donating blood.
3. Salman was elected for the 7th best-looking man in the world by People Magazine.
4. In his early days, he was a struggling actor. He never used his father’s fame like many other actors do. He used to visit the producers on his own and give audition for the roles.
5. His favorite actor is Sylvester Stallone and the actress is Hema Malini.
6. Salman loves Spicy Italian, Chinese foods and Hyderabadi Biryani.
7. His Favorite Sport is swimming. Even he was an excellent swimmer in his school days.
8. Salman’s favorite color is Red.
9. He exercises daily. Salman says that the day is incomplete without exercise.
10. He loves to visit London frequently.
11. Salman is the first Bollywood actor who works in the Hollywood film industry and her debut film was Marigold: An Adventure in India.
12. He always weared a Feroza (turquoise) stone bracelet on his right-hand wrist for the last 15 years. He firmly believes that it guards him against the evil forces that around him, and keeps him safe from evil eyes.
13. His favorite singers are Sunidhi Chauhan and Sonu Nigam.
14. Favorite Cricketer is Yuvraj Singh.
15. He also attends Daisy Irani’s acting institute with his friends Sajid Khan and Chunky Pandey.
16. In rare cases, he drives cars, after being involved in the accident on September 28, 2002, in Mumbai, India. Most of the time he sit on the passenger seat of his car and is driven by his drivers.
17. Every time Salman feels strong urge, he holds an alcoholic drink, but never takes a sip.
18. The Uttar Pradesh government headed by Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav has decided to free Salman Khan’s Bajrangi Bhaijaan from tax in the state.
19. He is also an excellent painter. He learned painting from his mother Salma Khan.
20. Salman had hosted ‘10 Ka Dum’ program which was very successful in 2008. It helped Sony TV to come back at a favorable rate with India’s viewership.
So, this is a small story of Salman Khan and his Net Worth. I think you like this article. If you found this article really helpful to gain knowledge about your favorite actor, please share this article with your friends.
If you have any other information or updates about Salman Khan’s Biography, Net Worth, Salary, Rich State, which should be included in this article, please write down in the comments section below.